Monday 7 October 2013

BerryReads: Remember Me? -Sophie Kinsella

Hello!

Being fellow bookworms, do you ever have those books/articles you read and you think to yourself "I will never be able to forget reading this!"?! Whether that be because you're head over heels for it or because it was absolutely horrendous, you're still never be able to forget it... well, for me, this was one of those books.

The book "Remember Me?" by Sophie Kinsella was one of those books. Sophie Kinsella is a very popular author, you may have heard of "Confessions of a Shopaholic" - the famous movie - she wrote that book. Did you know that originally it was called "The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic" and there are many other books in the series including one about the shopaholics sister and another about the shopaholics baby! Anyway, when I picked up the book, I hadn't even noticed the authors name - I felt I recognised it but didn't pay much attention. It wasn't until I opened the front cover that I noticed!


The story is about a girl called Lexi who doesn't have the best life... she didn't get a bonus she was hoping for, her un-cool boyfriend stood her up and her father just died. Lexi got involved in an accident and seemed to wake up in hospital as a girl living what seemed like a perfect life: she has a hot husband, an expensive house, a convertible mercedes and (my favourite) a designer wardrobe! Lexi has lost her memory of the last 3 years of her life and wakes up to this! However, not everything is as perfect as it seems (gosh, that sounds so clique!).

I love the way the author has written the book, it is a real page turner and I couldn't put it down. Sophie seems to express Lexi's feelings in such a way that when she's happy, we the readers are happy, when she's sad, we're sad and when she's excited, so are we! Even though the st
ory line is not that relatable, I still shared emotions with Lexi. You can tell that Sophie truly put her heart and soul into this book as our hearts and souls get attached to it too!

I haven't read a book this good in ages, I read "About A Girl" before this one which you can read about here, but I preferred this one. I actually looked forward to dimming my lights, snuggling under the duvet and opening this book to a new world opening up inside my head. Reading 'Remember Me?' felt like I was actually daydreaming or watching a movie in my head - it all seemed so realistic.

Also, the way Sophie Kinsella made it so easy to understand and very personal as it was written as first person, you could easily slip into the mind of Lexi Smart - a funny, clever and pretty lady!

This was one book I will not be able to forget, maybe I'll read the Confessions of a Shopaholic series soon - I think I picked it up once but got bored and didn't finish more than 2 chapters... or was that Legally Blonde? Not sure...
I do, however, want to read more of Sophie Kinsella's books - a list can be seen here.

What's your unforgettable book you recommend to read next? Leave a comment!
PIN BUTTON