Monday 19 August 2013

Want Millions of Lashes? - Mascara Review


Hello!

You may, or may not know this about me: I'm a mascara FREAK. Okay, not a freak - but I do love me some mascara... for dinner... joke. Anyway, as you can tell, I'm in a suppperrr hyper mood right now and I don't know why, but I was taking some pictures for my beach essentials post after doing my makeup and decided to take some pictures of my mascara and therefore decided I write this post!


If you're like me, then there are those days (most days) where you head out the door with a bit of mascara and chapstick on, and call it a day. Well, that means you need your lashes to look stunning, so I hope this post is a real eye opener to what is out there in the market today! See what I did there? ;)

This mascara has been raved about in the beauty community but not as much as it deserves. I can honestly say it is THE BEST mascara I have tried and would definitely repurchase the L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes, but probably won't for the time being as there are constantly new mascaras on the market I am dying to try - so keep your eyes peeled for more mascara reviews in the future. Again, see what I did there? haha!


There are a couple of things I like to look for in a mascara and that is: Curl, Length and Volume. I always choose Black coloured mascara too, in case you were wondering. Now for me, this mascara ticked all the boxes.
 I can say that the hold of curl is incredible. I come home from an intense 6 hour day and my lashes still look amazing, curled and nicely shaped. I curl my lashes and the curl holds, naturally I have pretty straight lashes but with this mascara on you could be fooled if I say I have naturally curled lashes. Even on days that I'm in a rush and don't have time to curl my lashes, they still look like they've been curled.
 The length definition is also lovely, My lashes reach my brows - almost. This is again amazing for me as I don't have naturally long lashes but this makes it look like I do - and I love it. And the length lasts all day too.
 My lashes are naturally very thick, though, but this does add volume to my lashes, just as it says on the bottle.


My favourite thing about this mascara, compared to other mascaras, is the wand. It is just. perfect. It is a big brush with a tapered, pointed end. The pointed end is ideal to reach the corner lashes, making your eyes look doll-like. It also separates lashes so it genuinely looks like there are millions of them, so it won't get your lashes in a twist! hehe - wow, I'm on a roll today!

I don't have anything bad to say about this mascara. In fact, I love it so much, it's been more than 3-4 months that I have owned it, which means it's life expectancy is over (check out my makeup expiry dates post for more info.) yet I can't bring myself to throw it away... it just sits in my mascara draw in peace.

I even layer it over my not-so-favourite mascaras to give it an oomph - trust me, it works wonders!
I bought the falsies mascara to try out next, not sure if it'll beat this one in my books but it had been HUGELY raved about in the beauty community and I want to see what the hype is about!

What's your favourite mascara?

Keep blooming, berries!
xoxo,
BerryBloomXO
PIN BUTTON