Wednesday 21 August 2013

BerryReads: Lauren Conrad Edition

Hello!

Hope you're well and rested, if you're not, maybe you should read. You may be thinking "Okay, what?"- well, I find that when I read before bed it puts me in a relaxed mood and I sleep better. That brings me onto why I really wanted to write this post about what I've been reading!

You may, or may not, know this about me but I LOVE reading. I always have been a reader from such a young age. I actually had a disney princess book with an attached mini projector which had pictures related to the stories in the book - it was pretty awesome: Disney Princesses, a pink projector with pictures AND reading: Heaven. So, since a young age I have been interested in reading, and although the genres I liked have changed over the years, the fact that I am obsessed with reading has not. I used to love reading mystery when I was about 11 years old and then once I hit the age of 13 I really liked girly, romantic books and haven't really changed since.

Image from HERE
Keeping with the girly theme, I love Lauren Conrad. Lauren Conrad is like my idol to me. I read her blog, look up to her for inspiration and if anybody asks who my celebrity role model is, I can say it's her - without a second thought. The thing with Lauren is that I can relate to her loads. She's girly, smart, creative and loves being healthy yet still indulges once in a while - like what I see myself as... basically, I want to be her! When I found she has written books I obviously had to put my 2 loves together and read it. I haven't read all of her books but recently picked up 'The Fame Game' to read during the summer and I really liked it.

The Fame Game is about these 4 girls who are in a reality show. It reveals the truth about reality TV and what it is like to be part of Hollywood - moreover, what it's like to try and climb the ladders of Hollywood, and the competitiveness to reach the top is revealed. What I really enjoyed about this book is that it really brings back the idea that all these celebrities are indeed Real People. They're just like you and me. They have their own families to do with, all coming from different backgrounds. They have their own troubles, fears and anxiety. They also have to work hard to get what they get, it doesn't just come to them, even if you're born in a famous family.
I did enjoy reading this book. I suggest you read it if you're looking for a light read with the story based in LA.


You may know that I am Obsessed with LA (mentioned in this post) and would love to live there one day, so reading this book just satisfied my dreams for the time being! haha! Following from reading 'The Fame Game' I bought the Lauren Conrad book 'Beauty'. It was either 'Beauty' or 'Style' - quite frankly I picked up 'Beauty' because it is newer and has better reviews, probably because LC was more experienced by the time she wrote 'Beauty' compared to when she was writing 'Style'. Actually, the main reason I bought it was because I was looking for a Coffee Table style book for my study to make it look nice! I haven't gotten round to reading it yet but am eager to do so!

Currently I am reading 'About a girl' by Lindsey Kelk and might write about it when I'm done! Maybe have a BerryBooks/BerryReads bookclub sort of thing where we can talk books!

What are you currently reading?

Keep blooming, berries!
xoxo,
BerryBloomXO
PIN BUTTON